function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ross GoldbergRoss Goldberg 

Unable to export QuickAction XML

I have created a custom action on a custom object that launches a Visualforce page.  It works great, but I am unable to export the XML behind the action.  In Eclipse if I Add/Remove metadata components it is in the list, but when I select it nothing exports.  I have also tried using the ANT tools and did a bulk retrieve by type "QuickAction" and while it is in the list of records to export I see this message:

[sf:bulkRetrieve] package.xml - Entity of type 'QuickAction' named 'ImagesPage' cannot be found

Are there any tips to getting actions pointed to Visualforce pages to export?  I need to update our source repository with the XML in order to propogate the change from one DE to another.

Thanks,
Ross
Federico LarsenFederico Larsen
Hi Ross,

have you solved this problem?

I am having the same problem, not being able to retrieve a QuickAction xml via salesforce-ant

Thanks

Kind regards.-
Federico LarsenFederico Larsen
I found the root of the problem, and it happens that the metadata api is not returning the Object name before the action name.
See this topic, I have posted an answer explaning the problem in detail .... 

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/41718/cannot-get-custom-quick-action-to-the-src-folder-using-eclipse/42296#42296

is like returning the field name without saying which is the object.