function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jennifer Johnson 8Jennifer Johnson 8 

Stop exact target integration (partially)

Currently Exact Target adds what we call "Individual Email Results" (a custom object in our SF).  I want these to stop.  When my email marketing manager asked ET, they said they couldn't.  That we'd have to turn off ALL integration, which is not an option.  Seems like this shouldn't be a big deal - but I am in way over my head with this stuff.  
Can I just inactivate the custom object in SF??  These are using up all our storage and going forward we are going to get this data from Pardot.

Any help would be greatly appriciated!!
John KoonsmanJohn Koonsman
Hi Jennifer,

What version of the Salesforce Integration are you currently using?
John Koonsman 8John Koonsman 8
Hi Jennifer,

Just wanted to follow up again and see what version of the Salesforce integration are you using?

Thanks!

Hi John,
Sorry, I'm not sure what version of integration we're using .. is there somwhere I can check to see?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Hi Jennifer, From Salesforce, go to: Setup>Create>Installed Packages and it should list all installed packages. Should look something like ExactTarget v3 or v2 or v5. Thanks!
there are 2 package names for ExactTarget-
ExactTarget for AppExchange - Person Account Installer  Version Number: 8.0
and
ExactTarget for AppExchange - Fall 2007 (11/5/2007)  Version Number: 1.2

do either of these help?
Yes it does! There is very little documentation on v1 and I am trying to track this down. Will report back to you shortly. Thanks!
Thank you so much!~!!
Hi Jennifer,

I have two answers for you.

1. You can disable the individual tracking on the email send screen. There is a checkbox named Stop Individual Tracking Results Populated.
Disable Individual Tracking in SF on Send Screen

2. You can go into ET and Delete Tracking Data in SF. Go to Tracking>Check the box of the job>Manage Salesforce Data.
So if you forget the first time, you can go into ET and delete IERs.

Delete link detail and individual email results in ET

Please let me know if this answers your questions.

Also, you are on v2 of the Salesforce Integration.

Thanks!
I asked our email marketing people about the first screen shot.. they said they don't see a screen like that - they see the below:
 User-added image