function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Erica CoxErica Cox 

Uploading large number of files to ContentVersion

My client is migrating to SF from a legacy system.  We need to migrate about 200K files into ContentVersion.  I have started using DataLoader and a csv file as described in the SF documentation, with about 10K records per file, but it is going REALLY slowly,  Also, the DataLoader will occasionally error out on me for various reaons and I'm havng trouble opening the success files.  Anyone out there had to do something similar and have any tips for me?
ShashForceShashForce

Hi,

You can use the Bulk API to speed up loading. Under dataloader settinngs, enable the bulk api option.

Regarding the errors, we have to understand the errors from the error file. If you have some problem with error files, you can try loading lesser number of records to determine which records have errors.

Thanks,
Shashank

Erica CoxErica Cox
I did try the Bulk API, but then I got Java Heap Space errors. 

And I wasn't very clear earlier.  When I said 'errored out', I didn't mean in the traditional sense.  I get a 'failure to send request' message and the rest of the file doesn't process.  So when I couldn't open my success files, I could not figure out which line was last processed.  After a machine restart, I was able to open the files, so I am plodding along.

My implementation was pushed back a week, so that helps.
Thanks,
Erica
AMIT KAMBOJAMIT KAMBOJ
We did this from Siebel to salesforce data migration. We were aware that salesforce sets some limitation on their side by default. We had raised a ticket for salesforce support so that in destination env they create exception to by pass the limits for faster migrations.

Check similar here http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/1744/contentpublication-limit-exceeded