function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Temple SutfinTemple Sutfin 

Approvals Process second line comments not writing back

I have an approvals process that allows for approvals via email.  It works wonderfully.  It will accept any of the "approve, approved, yes, reject, rejected, or no" commands on the first line.  However, no comments on the second line will write back to the comments section of the approvals related list at the bottom of the custom object.  I am out of ideas on what to look for to fix this.  I am making sure I use a line break after the first line.  Like so:

approve
looks good!

This will approve the record as it should, but ignores the comments of "looks good!" .... 

Thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Hi,

Is this happening consistently on all the approval responses being sent? did you try changing the email client say if you using Outlook - use gmail or vice versa and see if the format might be causing some issue.
Temple SutfinTemple Sutfin
Fascinating.  I changed one of the users to a gmail address and that worked wonderfully.  (Thank you).

Any thoughts on why Outlook would have such a tizzy over this?  I would guess a massive amount of my end users have Outlook.

I am guessing its a question of how Outlook is breaking to a new line, but at the moment thats speculation.
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Hey, found this interesting post on MS site which explains that the line breaks given in email from Outlook are removed in mails sent in plain text format:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287816

Try to use RTF or HTML format for the outgoing email when you send it Outlook and let me knwo if that helps 
Srinath MeghanathSrinath Meghanath
wanted to check if the e-mail response word "Approve", is this case sensitive ?
We have response in upper case "APPROVED",  somehow the response is not changing the approval status, the status remains to be in "Pending".