function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
theomantheoman 

Adding images to record via quicklinks

I am endeavoring to create a process for adding images to a record.

I want to give the User the opportunity to add four png files to a record and have the images displayed in formula fields.

What's different about this?

Answer: I want the images to be added with the least number of clicks.

What is my approach? In theory I'm hoping to do it this way:
  1.     I would like to have four quick links on the record layout. (See #1 in the image below.)
  2. Each quick link will correspond to one of the image text fields and when a quick link is clicked, the attachment window opens.
  3. The attachment, when added via the quick link will populate the Image text field with the attachment ID.
  4. The Image formula field (indicated by #3) will then display the image.

User-added image
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
Why don't you store the image in Static resource and based on a criteria entered by the user display the required image through Formula fields.

Hope this helps !!
theomantheoman
There's a cap of 250mb on static resource, correct?
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
Yes,that's the limit for total static resource in an organisation.Are you going to hit it ??

If yes,then store the images in Documents object and try accessing in formula fields like below :-
IF( Amount > 100, IMAGE("/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01570000000Q6El", "Green"),
       IF ( Amount > 50, IMAGE("/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01570000000Q6Ef", "Yellow"),
          IMAGE("/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01570000000Q6Ep", "Red")))

To know more about it ,go through below link which helps you doing that :-

http://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000007604&language=en_US

If this helps,please mark it as best answer to help others :)

theomantheoman
No, I don't think this is a solution for me. My use case is that the user who isl looking at a saved record can click a quicklink, upload a document, have the document referenced in a text field, have the formula image field display the image when saved. Each record may have up to four screenshots in each record and I don't want the user to have add images in Documents and then reference post facto. Hope that makes sense.
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
I am still not clear about your use case as you are uploading the document,then you are saying you can't reference it..