function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Miller 95Miller 95 

Dynamic Email Template

Not even sure this is a capability of salesforce, but I thought I would ask the question.

I would like to create an email template of a product list based on individual pricebooks. I am not pulling data from an opportunity, but from the different pricebooks I have available creating stocklist for clients. The data is already in saleforce (uploaded by dataloader through pricebookentry). Since this is a generic stocklist and is not associated to any opportunity. How do I pull that product/price in a list format and is dynamic, so that I am not having to go in and change the email template every time the price changes within the pricebook?

Is this possible or am I limited to static templates?
Best Answer chosen by Miller 95
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
Depends upon your requirement whether you want it  to have on a DML operation then  a Trigger would work or if you want to have on a button click then a VF page would work.

Hope this helps !!

All Answers

Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
I am not sure about your development experience on salesforce.

This is possible,but would require some custom development to achieve.

Miller 95Miller 95
Thanks for the response Vinit_Kumar.

Clarifying question: Custom development as in a trigger or done in the email template utilizing html option?
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
Depends upon your requirement whether you want it  to have on a DML operation then  a Trigger would work or if you want to have on a button click then a VF page would work.

Hope this helps !!
This was selected as the best answer
Miller 95Miller 95
That is perfect. Thank you for your help.