function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Myles AllenMyles Allen 

Updating Workflow Outbound messages

Hello,

The Company that I work for Migrated to Salesforce about 5 years ago.
When we did, We set up Outbound Messages in Salesforce to communicate with our In-house CRM.
(I wasn't included in the creation of the communication between the two systems, I just know it works and have a general knowledge as to where in the In-house CRM that the code for the sync is located. We use VB .net WebServices with .asmx files)

I have been tasked with updating the sync/communication between the two systems to include a new field that we added to Salesforce. (The Field Already exists in our In-house CRM, so it shouldn't be to hard.)

In Salesforce I went tot the Outbound messages to update the one that I want to update. (Setup --> App Setup --> Create --> Workflow & Approvals --> Outbound Messages.)
I looked at the fields, added the new one to the outbound message, went to save, and I got an Error saying:
 Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
You must enter a value

I don't know why the Outbound message won't save, everything is filled in. (I haven't changed anything except tried to add a field)
Note: If I open the Outbound Message to edit and click Save without making any changes I still get the above error.

My worry, is that if I change something other than just adding the field, that the sync/communication might stop working. (Which would be very bad.)

I contacted Salesforce support about this, and they sent me here.

Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Thanks,
Myles Allen

Mairton CunhaMairton Cunha
Hello Myles,

I'm facing the same error. did you resolve your issue?

Thanks,

Mairton Cunha
Myles AllenMyles Allen
Hello Mairton,

The Issue was that the Outbound Message had a field that no longer existed in the list of fields that were being sent to our In-house CRM.
We went through all the custom fields that were in the Outbound message and made sure that they had a corresponding field on the Account in Salesforce.
(There was one that didn't exist any more, on the account, so once we removed it from the outbound message, we were able to save it and add the new field to the outbound message.)

Hopefully this helps you with your issue.

Thanks,
Myles Allen
Wouter SmetWouter Smet
Thanks so much for updating this! Was having the same issue, driving me crazy, and indeed removing a sent custom field that was no longer existing fixed the issue.