function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AneeshaAneesha 

Too many username matches error while deploying dashboards

Hi,

I am trying to deploy few reports and dashboards to a fullcopy sandbox 'fc' from another fullcopy sandbox via changeset and I am getting the following error message for dashboards.

Too many username matches for abc@gmail.com. The possible matches are abc@gmail.com.fc, abc@gmail.com; edit the username to match only one.

What des this mean?
Best Answer chosen by Aneesha
AneeshaAneesha
Hi Michele,

The issue was that somehow I had two users in the system with the same username. I deactivated one user and the issue was solved.

All Answers

Sfdc CloudSfdc Cloud
Hi Aneesha,

In Summer 13 release Salesforce matches users from your development environment (such as a sandbox) to your production organization. If a component in a deployment refers to a user, such as a recipient of workflow email notifications or a dashboard running user, then Salesforce attempts to locate a matching user in the destination organization by comparing usernames. Previously, a change set deployment changed all user references with the user performing the deployment.

For more information, see “Change Sets Implementation Tips” in the Salesforce online help or “Using Metadata” in the Metadata API Developer’s Guide.

You can see detail in Summer 13 release under the section "User References Transfer during a Deployment".
https://ap1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_summer13_release_notes.pdf

it should map the fullcopy sandbox 'fc user name(abc@gmail.com.fc), if it's different then that is the reason why the deployment failed because it could not match a username.

let me know if its wont work :)
If this answer will help you,mark it as best answer to help others :)
Amanda ReamAmanda Ream
Hello Sfdc Cloud,
I am having the same issue and I am not sure from your explaination above exactly how I am supposed to fix this. When I try to change the username in the target organization, I get an error that says this username already exists in another Org. I checked both the release notes and help doc you listed above and neither of those had solutions. Please advise on how to correct this.
Thank you
Michele ToscanoMichele Toscano
Amanda, 
Did you ever find a solution for this?  I'm running into the same issue. 
AneeshaAneesha
Hi Michele,

The issue was that somehow I had two users in the system with the same username. I deactivated one user and the issue was solved.

This was selected as the best answer
Amanda ReamAmanda Ream
Hi Michele, 
I ended up filing a case with Support and they pretty much did the same thing that Aneesha did for you. My username was duplicated in two Sandboxes (for whatever reason) so (if I remember correctly) the Support Agent changed my username in one of the Sandboxes so that I could deploy. Hopefully this helps.