function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gimi JoseGimi Jose 

Error SERVER_UNAVAILABLE returned by Salesforce Login API. Need Help ASAP!

Case Description: Frequent Salesforce API login issues in production and sandbox environments.

Inner Exception: SERVER_UNAVAILABLE: server temporarily unavailable

The wsdl is SFDC_Enterprise.wsdl

This has been reported twice via 2 another cases. Case 10239485 (This case was not roted to the appropriate party as I think the person helping on this case did not understand the real issue). Case 10291756 (This case ended up being not at all helpful. The person never responded.).

I need this case escalated to a high priority as this is happening intermittently in our production box.
Gimi JoseGimi Jose
This happened again. But it looks like you have added more logging. Here are the log details.

Inner Exception: SERVER_UNAVAILABLE: Request timed out waiting for connection: [config 15,000ms, actual 15,001ms] to Standard_Data_Source_1(DataSourceDetailsTemplateConfig)6, Num waiting=24, Thread=/services/Soap%2Fu%2F22.0, Current url=/services/Soap%2Fu%2F22.0
APN09217013342392059APN09217013342392059
we are also receiving the same error. any update on this ?
Gimi JoseGimi Jose
I have not yet got a response from Salesforce on this.
JWykelJWykel
I, also, started experiencing this today on multiple people's connections.  Any response at all from SF on this?
Gimi JoseGimi Jose
NOPE!!
JWykelJWykel
I've submitted my own case to SF regarding this and will post back if they respond with any sort of answer. 
Ping and traceroutes appear to be fine (although the final 2 hops into SF's system are hitting 90+ms compared to <30ms for all other hops).  
We're getting the error intermittently on both gets and inserts, using a .Net application tied into the Enterprise.wsdl 
Paul Harvie 1Paul Harvie 1
We also see this, we have around 30 salesforce.com clients, and we use the API to update their records. We see this a couple of times every week. It's at random times, we've not been able to see a pattern, ie when we're attempting multiple connections. Our service is a .Net application.
JWykelJWykel
I put a case in and they reported a performance degredation on our instance (NA3 September 3rd). Once they fixed that, it was working fine. Ours was constant, though, so not sure if they can do much for intermittently random occurrences.  Put in a case for it and see if they can track it down.
Paul Harvie 1Paul Harvie 1
 Hi I wonder if it's the login URL, our payment service uses  https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/9.0 and we see this SERVER_UNAVAILABLE error a couple of times every week across multiple salesforce logins and instances. But some of the ecommerce pages we write use https://login.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/30.0 and over the years we've used different versions of the Partner API. I believe u/30.0 is the most recent version, and perhaps that version is more resilient. I’ll update our service to use this and monitor, I’ll update in a couple of days.