function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
osf_teamosf_team 

Authenticating BPEL process to receive outbound messages only from salesforce.com

Hi,

I have implemented the Salesforce to Oracle SOA intgration wherein outbound message from salesforce is able to hit my BPEL service.
However, in case I want to authenticate my BPEL process to receive client certificates from Salesforce, so that no one other that salesforce can hit my process, what would be the steps implemented both on Salesforce side or Oracle SOA suite side?

I would really appreciate if someone helps me resolve this.

Regards,
Shalindra
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
Yuo need to download Salesforce certificate and upload it in your Oracle Application.

To download certificate from salesforce,follow below steps :-

Go to Setup -> Security controls ->Certificate and Key Management -> Click on Create Self-Signed Certificate -> Give a name and Save it.

Now,Click on Download certificate button and download the certificate and upload it in your Oracle application.

Hope this helps !!

If this helps,please mark it as best answer to help others.
osf_teamosf_team
Hi Vinit,

Thanks a alot for providing a direction. Can you guide me further as to how I can upload and use this certificate in my BPEL process.
Also, is it possible to send the weblogic credentials from salesforce outbound message?

I am trying to get an answer to this from quite some time now.

Regards,
Shalindra
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
You need to upload the certificate in your Keystore,check with the IT team ,they might help you.

I am afraid you won't be able to send credentials in Outbound message,for that you need to create an Apex class and make an Apex callout to the application.

There you can set the credetials.

Hope this helps !!
osf_teamosf_team
Hi Vinit,

Thanks again for responding.

Earlier too I have uploaded certificates using the Keytool command in my keystore. Is it the same way this certificate too needs to be uploaded? Also using this certificate, I am not sure how exactly I can make sure only salesforce hits my BPEL web service and no one else.

Moreover, for the APEX class solution that you are suggesting, I request you to share a sample code if possible.

Regards,
Shalindra

Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
Go through below link to learn more about Apex Callouts ,it contains examples too :-

https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Apex_Web_Services_and_Callouts