function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gopesh Vardhan SinghGopesh Vardhan Singh 

Problem while making visual force page

// Getting error while trying to save this apex code in Vf page .....
Position__c  is my custom object and Educational_Requirements__c is the custom feild of this objest...

<apex:page standardController="Position__c" sidebar="false">
<apex:form>
         <apex:inputField value="(Position__c.Educational_Requirements__c)"/>

</apex:form>  
</apex:page>

Error is :Error: Attribute value in <apex:inputField> must contain only a formula expression that resolves to a single controller variable or method in CandidateMap at line 3 column 78
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
Change your code from :-

<apex:inputField value="(Position__c.Educational_Requirements__c)"/>

to

<apex:inputField value="{!Position__c.Educational_Requirements__c}"/>

If this helps,please mark it as best answer to help others.
Gopesh Vardhan SinghGopesh Vardhan Singh
Tell me one more thing the Visualforce page that i hav made is visible ony by changing the URL
OR is their any other method also....

Till the time i m doing coding .. I click on  my custom objest tab POSITION ...to see that part...

But wants to know how the END-USER will see it...Since he doesn't know the new Arrival that i have made  according to my convinence.
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
There are couple of ways of doing it:-

1.) You can create a Custom Button on your Position object and bind this VF page to it.Then,you can go ahead and add that button to the Page Layout.Whenever an user clicks that button,this VF page would be displayed.

2.) You can create a VF tab and call this VF page on clicking of that Tab.Go through below link to learn how you can create a VF tab.

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=pages_tabs_create.htm&language=en_US

If this helps,please mark it as best answer to help others.