function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mharikian1.3892229047844834E12mharikian1.3892229047844834E12 

Deleted Record Results returning IDs of records which have not been deleted

I've created a C# synchronization tool which uses the getDeleted() API call, and for some reason, the GetDeletedResult contains IDs of records which have not been deleted from Salesforce.

The object which is giving me trouble so far is CurrencyType. As I step through the C# logic, the code inserts all of the currency type records retrieved from Salesforce into the MS SQL server, then when I use the getDeleted() it returns the IDs of all currency types except the corporate currency. These other currency types are still active in our Salesforce org and should not show up in the getDeleted() results.

Has anyone else seen behavoior like this with the CurrencyType object, and does the getDeleted() return Ids of other records which have not actually been deleted?

If so, I might have to go the route of doing a TEMP table in Microsoft SQL Server to run a comparison of what is coming from Salesforce and what is already in our sql server, but was hoping that the getDeleted() would work to keep things easier with the logic.
Best Answer chosen by mharikian1.3892229047844834E12
ShashForceShashForce
Hi,

According to the documentation, looks like getDeleted() is not a supported call for this object: https://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_currencytype.htm

Thanks,
Shashank

All Answers

ShashForceShashForce
Hi,

According to the documentation, looks like getDeleted() is not a supported call for this object: https://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_currencytype.htm

Thanks,
Shashank
This was selected as the best answer
mharikian1.3892229047844834E12mharikian1.3892229047844834E12
Good catch. I'll go through each standard object in the API documentation and see if the getDeleted() is available for it. If not, then I'll modify my C# app to bypass that object when using the getDeleted(). I've already implemented the if(oDescribeSobjectResult.replicateable == true) {}, so this will be one more item to add to the checklist.

Thanks Shashank_SFDC.