function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MDhillonMDhillon 

best alternative of Packages

Hi All,

i have developed my apex classes/triggers etc. to update records in external website through salesforce.

Now could you please suggest any ideas to deploy my stuff and make it accessible to all my clients who can use these changes to update their data in that external website.

i dont want to use Packages approach, as it has several limitations.  is there any other best alternative f packages, to deploy the salesforce code and make it accessible to Salesforce clients?

thanks and regards,
mani
ShashForceShashForce
Hi,

You can use unmanaged packages instead of managed packages. Unmanaged packages are just a bundle of your changes, and they are not restrictive like managed packages. Please see this: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/packagingGuide/Content/packaging_about_packages.htm

If this answers your question, please mark this as the Best Answer for this post, so that others can benefit from this post.

Thanks,
Shashank
MDhillonMDhillon
Hi Shashank,

thanks for your reply.

But i dont want to use packages at all. Iis there any other alternative?

thanks,
mani
ShashForceShashForce
I'm afraid the only alternative I could think of is to manually install the components using the force.com IDE
MDhillonMDhillon
OK Thank you Shashank.

Also could you please tell me how the apps(uploaded at app exchange) will differ from packages? i am totally new to salesforce, dont know how things work.