function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDummySFDummy 

Change Set Error: You may not modify the permission Reserved for Future Use while editing a Standard Profile

I have created a custom object and trying deploy to fullsandbox from my developer sandbox along with profiles
I am getting the following error when I try deploy change set. 

Component Errors
Api Name: Admin
Type: Profile Settings
Error message: You may not modify the permission Reserved for Future Use while editing a Standard Profile

Can someone help me what this message means and how to fix it?
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi , 

When deploying change sets, you should always include any affected Profiles in the change set.  When you do, the profiles are in a sense modified, in that the changes in security and visibility are brought over with the change set.  So, for instance, if I create a new custom object which I make visible to some profiles but not others, by including the profiles in my change set, SF will modify the profiles in my destination org to honor the settings I established.

But unforuntately I don't think you can deploy a new or modified profile by itself using change sets.

Instead, I believe you can do this with the force.com IDE.  I've used it to modify profiles and then deploy them -- if you have many changes to make it can be quicker than doing it in the UI.  I haven't used it to deploy an entirely new profile, but I suspect that this can be done as well using the IDE.

You would need to deploy your new profile using the IDE, and then, once you have that new profile in both SF orgs, you can use the SF UI change sets to deploy your other org changes.

See the thread, 

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000h0hcAAA

See teh article, 

About Permission Sets and Profile Settings in Change Sets

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=changesets_perm_sets_profiles.htm&language=en_US

See another similar thread, 

What is the best way to deploy profiles in Salesforce? (especially system admin)

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/2062/what-is-the-best-way-to-deploy-profiles-in-salesforce-especially-system-admin

Regards,

Ashish

Anis_SFDCAnis_SFDC
Hi there,

Error message indicates that setting for "Reserved for Future" permission is different for System Administrator Profile between Production & the Sandbox from which you are trying to deploy the change set. It might be checked in one env and unchecked in another. Hence the change set appears to be trying to update a standard permission on a standard profile - which is not allowed. Only salesforce can update such permission settings from back-end using Data Fixer tool.

We have seen such differences between environments popup, which might be due to the back-end inconsistent updates to the profiles as part of new release or otherwise.

You would need to open a case with salesforce and request them to run the Data Fixer tool in Production & all other sandboxes which you use to deploy change sets.

Thanks,
Anis