function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chris_centrachris_centra 

odd behavior in Force.com IDE?

hello -

i've been using the force.com ide for many years to write apex/vf/etc.  just in the past couple of days, i'm seeing very odd behavior.  normally, when i save code that contains a compile-time error, the Problems tab shows a red symbol and tell me what the error is.  suddenly, when there's an error, i get a warning that the code could only be saved locally and not to sfdc (technically true, but it doesn't tell me my error...if i remove the errant code or fix the error, it saves without incident).  another example - equally strange, normally when test coverage code fails, again there's a red icon in the Apex Test Runner tab and i can drill down to the specific error.  now it doesn't do that.  it only shows that there are warnings, and i have to review the Debug Log to see if there is an issue and what the specific issue is. 

i had been using v27 when this started occurring, so i updated to v28, but the behavior is the same.  this is really bizarre to me because for its shortcomings, the eclipse tool has been solid as a rock since i started using it.  anyone have an idea of what's going on?

thanks for your time.
chris
Michael VerhovskiMichael Verhovski
It could be related to Summer '14 Release.  I use MavensMate instead of Force.com IDE and started to experience this issue (https://github.com/joeferraro/MavensMate-SublimeText/issues/392) on the sandbox upgraded to Summer '14. 
chris_centrachris_centra
Thanks for the reply...i'm surprised there isn't an uproar about this?  if an sfdc release issue, it will affect everyone that does uses a third party tool for development, right? 
thanks
chris
chris_centrachris_centra
update - this behavior seems have disappeared just as suddenly as it appeared.  odd, but not complaining.