function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shahab KhanShahab Khan 

How to create custom controller class?

Under setup --> Develop --> Appex Classes there is no "New" button please see the image below.
User-added image

I have clicked on developer console then in developer console window File --> New --> Appex Class
Give the new class name but when click on create button get the following error.

User-added image

Please help me how can i fix this so that i can create my custom controller class.
Thanks in advance.
Best Answer chosen by Shahab Khan
kiranmutturukiranmutturu
Its not a mode to set.. If you are in developer sandbox or full sandbox you will have a black ribbon in the top right hand side where you can use that environment to code.. I am not seeting that from your screen shot. Also I can see your environment is NA10 and it should be production or a developer environment but not a sandbox for sure. 

All Answers

kiranmutturukiranmutturu
I hope you are in production.. You cant create clasess in production...
Shahab KhanShahab Khan
Thanks Kiran for your fast reply, I think i am not in production can you please let me know how i can set production mode?
kiranmutturukiranmutturu
Its not a mode to set.. If you are in developer sandbox or full sandbox you will have a black ribbon in the top right hand side where you can use that environment to code.. I am not seeting that from your screen shot. Also I can see your environment is NA10 and it should be production or a developer environment but not a sandbox for sure. 
This was selected as the best answer
kiranmutturukiranmutturu
What is the edition you are using? You can get that by hovering the mouse on the active tab of the browser and see the edition...
Shahab KhanShahab Khan
I am using Enterprise edition.
Can you please let me know how can i move to sandbox?
fourfourfunfourfourfun
I believe you can find it within your Setup menus somewhere. Have a sift through there to find it. 
Shahab KhanShahab Khan
I have activated sandbox pro is this we need to create appex classes?

User-added image
kiranmutturukiranmutturu
Yes... Regards, Kiran
Shahab KhanShahab Khan
Hi Kiran,

Can you please help me about one more point below.

I have developed a visual force page which is using standard contact controller
here is the public link
http://adamscenter.force.com/volunteers/MemberSignup

I want when user submit the form it should redirect to the same page/form. But it redirects to the last created contact details page.

Thanks in advance