function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Hasnain.YusufaliHasnain.Yusufali 

Picklist values filtered by Record Type

I have a custom object that has 4 regions represented as picklist values. Users for each region are stored in Public Groups. I have created 4 sharing rules for those regions shared with those groups, permission sets for those users that have access to the one page layout with 4 record types. So each record type displays the correct picklist value only, and not the other 3.

The New and Edit page of my object is a visual force page with a standard controller and an extension, that overrides the field value of a separate field. What happens is when I select New or try to Edit a record with a user in a given region, he/she is able to see all the picklist values. I read somewhere on salesforce.com that the record type filtering should happen automatically for standard controllers.

Any ideas if I am missing anything else? Would appreciate any feedback regarding this issue, or other ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks.
Hasnain

thsrthsr
click the Record Type Label,and edit the target picklist by [Picklists Available for Editing] good luck!