function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
deux4everdeux4ever 

Record Update Question - Flow

I have a flow where I have a dynamic choice to display contacts associated with an Account. I am trying to do a record update, but have a couple of questions on functionality:

1. Is it possible to pre-populate input fields with the existing information from the dynamic choice? ie. display the First Name, Last Name, Title, etc if they are already filled out in the contact record.

2. I setup up the record update and mapped the fields to the contact record, but it updates them all, whether they are blank or not. So if I just wanted change the first name, it updates the first name, but updates the rest of the fields to blank.
Matt Sutton 7Matt Sutton 7
For the second question I has a similar requirment

I created an sObject set of varialbles and populated them by looking up all the fields in the record that coule be updated. I made these the defaults where I could and used input fields to change the values before then updating teh record.

my problem is that now i've moved them out of the sandbox into production I am getting an error that my organisation isn't allowed to use sObjects and looking to find out what to do about that.

The first question I also have issues with on a flow i am planning to create.
Matt Sutton 7Matt Sutton 7
For your first question the way around it is to set a variable with the existing value - then in the Choice field have 2 options the first being the Varialbe and the second the Dynamic Choice - make the varialbe the default value.

I'm struggling to find a solution though if the record fields is a multipick list

Matt