function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Newbie  2014Newbie 2014 

How to display additional columns in company name 'drop down' on new contact form?

Hello: Is there any way to display the state or zip or any other column in the company name 'drop down menu' as shown below? We have legitimate same name accounts in our CRM but in different locations. For example, in the figure below there are two 'white river credit union' one in VT, one in WA. We need to differentiate in the dorp down so the user can choose the right account. Would greatly appreciate some guidance. Thanks

new-contact-company-dropdown
Jen BennettJen Bennett
You could add search filters so when you click the magnifying glass you could further refine the search criteria. Is this a custom visualforce page with an extension or custom controller? If it is, I'm guessing the developer might be able to change up the label for the dropdown options.
Newbie  2014Newbie 2014
Thank you much for replying but please note that we can't force our users to click on the search icon to refine search always. They will tend to pick one option from the drop down unless there is some kind of restrictions. Also, this is not a a custom visual force page, we just renamed certain tabs labels taht's all, we are using default SF new contact form as provided.

So I am asking the same question again: is it possible to display the state column WITHIN the drop down? If drop down can display only one column only, does salesforce have static 'listbox' kind of option that displays multiple columns and has a scrolling window? If list box avaialble then may be we can change the form property to have a list box instead of the drop down so.. thanks in advance for your time whoever can help me further