function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LinvioIncLinvioInc 

PayPal Callout Exception: Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns "HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found"

Starting yesterday morning (6/27) we started seeing the following error in customer Salesforce instances when making API callouts to PayPal.

Callout Exception: Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns "HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found"

Salesforce won't provide any technical assistance, so we've been working with PayPal and have not found an explaination for the error yet.

Has anyone else been having this problem?  Is the problem just with callouts to PayPal or have you seen the same error with other HTTPRequest endpoints?

Thanks,
Ron
CamiloCamilo
Hi Ron, 

We are experiencing the same problem with PayPal. Actually I  posted this question: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F0000000Aa1XIAS

Apparently it has something to do with Salesforce because when I tried to make the same call using another tool, it worked. And we have the same problem, Salesforce doesn't provide technical assistance for this. If you find something, let me know. 

Thanks,

Camilo

LinvioIncLinvioInc
Hi Camilo -

We were able to get in touch with someone at SF and learned that there was a DNS configuration problem that was blocking access to this endpoint (and others).  The assured us that the problem has been resolved and we haven't seen any issues since Monday.

- Ron