function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Santhosh SarangiSanthosh Sarangi 

Error: Unknown duplicates value on record with id: ***************

Hi All,

I'm trying to Upsert the data to Account object using an external tool, Everything works fine but Salesforce is throwing error for few records when upserting

I was doing the upsertion process using the external id field. Except external id field no other field is having a unique constraint.

I'm getting the following error -

": SF_ERROR: DUPLICATE_VALUE
OBJ: Account - duplicate value found: unknown duplicates value on record with id: 001*********** ".

Please help me to solve the issue.

Thanks in advance.
kiranmutturukiranmutturu
Are you sure the data that you are trying to upsert is not having any duplicates?... I mean to say having the same account id in the upsert list ...
kiranmutturukiranmutturu
sorry I mean to say with the external Id field ...
sunny522sunny522
Hi Santosh,
       Check whether the value you are providing while upserting already present in other existing records.
yes Kiran, But it should upsert right if there are 2 records with same external id
Yes Sunny, it is already present. But it should update that existing record right?
kiranmutturukiranmutturu
Is that extenal field is checked as unique also ? if yes

Upsert depends upon the value of External ID fields being unique. If you choose to not make External ID unique, you cannot leverage this feature. This means that you would need to leverage external logic in order to perform the upsert operations.

if no 

your client application must have the permission “View All Data” to execute this call....
sunny522sunny522
Hi santhosh,
     can u post the code once (upsert related code).Is external id field updated?
Sunny, I'm using the ETL tool. There will be no code here. just mapping the fields.
Hi Kiran,

We have choosen the External id field to be Unique. and Our app is having all the permissions.
kiranmutturukiranmutturu
Then in this case it won't update records which contains same external ids... Regards, Kiran
Hi Kiran, I'm usperting with the external id field and it is unique too. And the source does'nt have any duplicates on External id.
kiranmutturukiranmutturu
I am out of ideas. this is some what wired ... Then we should see the complete process... On a high level I thought the points that I explained above in my previous comments....  By any chance are you using AccountShare object to share the inserting records? 
No, not using.... :(
kaiji shenkaiji shen
I am getting the samilar issue. I am upserting one account and couple contacts, and run into the issue:
duplicate value found: externalID__c duplicates value on record with id: 00160000015mert

If I try again,  it will work. But why it happend in the first beginning?

Sebastian RoederSebastian Roeder

Iam using DELL BOOMI and facing the same issue.

Does anybody have a solution?

Sebastian RoederSebastian Roeder
other processes with same Objects are running fine. ANd we checked the hole org for the duplicate value. and we are sure that there is no dupl. Value in our ORG.