function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
elukaweskielukaweski 

force.com ide ver 31 version errors - invalid api version specified on url

I just installed the force.com IDE into a brand new eclipse kepler install.  When I create a new project and attempt to connect it to an existing DEorg, I get the message "invalid API version specified on url". I have no idea how to fix this...does anybody have a solution>
Best Answer chosen by elukaweski
Allen LiAllen Li
I checked salesforce scheduled release status. And now version 31.0 is only available for few instances, the left will be upgraded at the end of July. I belive we can use the newest force.com ide after we update to summer 14.

All Answers

Allen LiAllen Li
I ran into this big issue when create new force.com project after installing new eclipse version. I found the new force.com version is 31, that's why this issue happened. So I install again(force.com version is version 30.0). It works!
I don't know why the newest version can't work, maybe out organization is not updated the newest or else, that's weird.
Allen LiAllen Li
I checked salesforce scheduled release status. And now version 31.0 is only available for few instances, the left will be upgraded at the end of July. I belive we can use the newest force.com ide after we update to summer 14.
This was selected as the best answer
elukaweskielukaweski
thanks, Allen.....that's a pretty common sense answer!!!!! I'm ahead of the game.
Girish ThakurGirish Thakur
Uhh.. Wasted couple of hours after updating IDE to V 31. Now again using V 30. Thanks Allen for this.. :)