function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Hemant ThakkarHemant Thakkar 

Pass Variable to Output link

Here is my code, What i am doing..i want to pass selected lookup REcord id to outout link. I got id in the javascript and allocated it to the controller variable. But i am unale to use that variable with the updated value in the output link.
Plz help me

Bold Part is my Output link. Output link name is test link . you can find out

<apex:page standardController="Sales_Exception__c" id="SalesExceptionPage" extensions="DineshTestController" showheader="true" action="{!pageredirect}">  
    <!-- <script>
        function checkID(param){
         alert('Entering');
         alert(param);
         QuoteIDValue = param;
         var reasonEle=document.getElementById('{!$Component.SalesExceptionPage:theScriptException:pb:blockB:pbs:pgblock:0:testid:0:rpt:0:theLink1}'); // blockB:pbs:pgblock:testid:rpt:theLink1
         alert(reasonEle);
        }
    </script>-->
    <apex:form id="theScriptException">
        <apex:pageMessages >
        </apex:pageMessages>

<script> 

function openpopupWindowDeal(){           
<!--           win1=window.open('/apex/DealEdit?retURL=/apex/PERScriptQ','Search','scrollbars=1,width=900,height=500');  -->
                win1=window.open('/apex/DealEdit?','Search','scrollbars=1,width=900,height=500');
                  win1.focus();
                win1=true;           
                //return false;
            }  

function openpopupWindowMA(){           
                 win1=window.open('/apex/detailPage?','Search','scrollbars=1,width=900,height=900');
            // win1.focus();
                 win1=true;           
                //return false;
            }  
        </script>

<b>Note: </b><br/>
            <b>- Prototype - Work in Progress.</b><br/>
            <b>- Questions and Answers will become visible only when a Customer Transaction is created/linked</b>
        <br/><br/> 
         <apex:pageblock rendered="{!legacyRecord}">
            <font color="red" size="3px">
                <apex:outputText >
                    Sorry, you cannot create a product pricing exception(legacy) record type.
                </apex:outputText>
            </font>
            <apex:pageBlockButtons location="Bottom" > 

<apex:commandButton action="{!cancel}"  value="Back" id="thecancelbtn" />
            </apex:pageblockButtons>   
         </apex:pageblock>

<apex:actionFunction name="preSend" reRender="thePanelWrapper,blockA,blockB,blockc,blockd" oncomplete="checkID('{!Sales_Exception__c.Quote_Proposal__c}')" /> <!-- {!Sales_Exception__c.Quote_Proposal__c} -->

<apex:inputfield value="{!Sales_Exception__c.Quote_Proposal__c}" id="d1" onchange="preSend()" >
                                        <apex:outputLink id="theLink1"  onclick="window.open('/apex/ManualAllocation?id={!QuoteIDValue}','_blank','width=810,height=310,toolbar=0,status=1,scrollbars=1,resizable=yes',!1);return false;" >Test Link
                                        <script>
                                        function checkID(param){
                                         alert('Entering');
                                         alert(param);
                                         QuoteIDValue = param;
                                         var reasonEle=document.getElementById('{!$Component.theLink1}').value; // blockB:pbs:pgblock:testid:rpt:theLink1
                                         alert(reasonEle);
                                        }
                                    </script>
                                        </apex:outputLink>

<!-- onclick="javascript:openpopupWindowDeal();"target="_blank"  window.open('/apex/ManualAllocation','_blank','width=810,height=310,toolbar=0,status=1,scrollbars=1,resizable=yes',!1); rendered="{!if(cmap.Question_Type__c == 'Link',true,false)}"-->
                                    </apex:repeat>
                                    </apex:column>
                                   </apex:datatable>

Cloud_forceCloud_force
If i get it wright, you want to navigate to a record detail page. You have the record id in controller, then in output link you can simply bind the id/URL in value parameter of the output link. 
Ex:
url myurl = '/'+recordid
<apex:outputLink value="{!myurl}" id="theLink">www.salesforce.com</apex:outputLink>

this should solve your pblm.

thanks,
http://www.forcexplore.com/2014/07/wrapper-class-in-salesforce.html