function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Neha@SfdcNeha@Sfdc 

what are sales processes?

Hi All,

I read about sales processes in salesforce.com
  1.    but could not get a clear picture as in why to use it ?-Purpose
  2. Can anyone explain a scenario where this could be usefull?
Till now i have understood these things:
  1. while implementing a sales process,it needs to be associated with record types..but why?
Any help is appreciated
Thanks,
Neha Patil

Dev.AshishDev.Ashish
As per my understanding, Sales process reflects how you manage opportunities in Salesforce. For example in hypothetical scenario company wants to have only three stages of opportunity that is Open, In-Progress and Closed. then they have to use record types to refelect this into Salsforce.
Neha@SfdcNeha@Sfdc
hi ashish,
Thanks for your reply...
So according to your example we need to create 3 Record types where the
1.RT1-picklist val=Open
2.RT2-picklist val=in-progress and so on...
Is this what you meant?

Thanks,
Neha Patil
Dev.AshishDev.Ashish
Neha,
Because of requirements of custom picklist values we can create new record type as I mentioned, now for accomodate other requirements in sales process like different layouts and all we might need to create more record types. hence record types help to reflect sales process.
Ankit AggarwalAnkit Aggarwal
Hi Neha,

Sales process is basically tracking the sales via opportunity, account , contact , lead and campaign. It also uses for historical data analysis and estimating the revenue generated by this year.
Sales process containing the information of previous sales records and target which can company achieve by coming years on the basis of historical data.

Their is Sales app containing this all information in salesforce. Each object contains their relevant information to make sales process achievable.

Thanks,
Ankit Aggarwal
11c-at-sfdc11c-at-sfdc
Neha, hope this explanation, with examples, helps you understand the sales processes, record types and linkage with page layouts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrhlTTPGmjY