function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bobby7bobby7 

How can i remove the below highlighted on from quick create list on left side bar.

I have to remove this opportunity creation option from this side bar. How can this be done?
Rohit SharmaGRohit SharmaG
It will depend on App Object. If you create new app and add some objects which are needed, then  those objects will come in Create New.

Thanks,
Rohit Sharma
bobby7bobby7
Hi Rohit,
               What do you mean by App object. I am using Sales App where i removed Opportunity but it is displaying in Quick create drop down in left corner. Please can you help me out in detail.

Thnak you,
Sreeram Dhannapaneni.
Dev.AshishDev.Ashish
You can not remove item from "Create new .." menu.

As a complex workaround you can do this using javascript.
1) write javascript to hide menu item, you could use ID attribute to identify element.
2) create Home Page sidebar component (HTML Area) and include that script in the component.
3) Once that component is present in sidebar, it will hide that menu item from dropdown.

bobby7bobby7
Hi Ashish,
                 I am thinking of this approch. But i am trying it out with some customization work which makes me easier then i go for Javascript. Fine Thank you for your answer.

Thank you,
Sreeram Dhannapaneni.
Dev.AshishDev.Ashish
Bobby,
if want to remove opportunity tab that you can do this using "+" side and clicking customize my tabs at right side. move opporunity to available tabs list on next screen. If you hide opportunity tab also the opporunity quick create menu item will be hidden.
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
The thing is what ever tabs you see on the Objects bar they appear by default under the Create New drop down. To hide that all you need to do is click on the '+' option on the objects bar. Click on Customize My Tabs(orange colored button on the extreme right corner) and hide the objects that you do not want to see under Create new dropdown. This will eventually hide the object from the object bar and hide the object from Create new dropdown.

In case you need the object to be present on the Objects bar and dissappear from the Create new dropdown, you would need to define a visualforce page and try out the other way.

If this answered your question, please mark this as the best answer for others benefit.
bobby7bobby7
Ashish,
            I know this but i want to show the opportunity tab but the quick create section this should be hide. So i think i should go for some Javascript work. If possible can u help me writing this javascript code to hide this opportunity from quick create section.

Thank you,
Sreeram Dhannapaneni.
hu yanghu yang
Do you need Opportunity Tab?
If you remove Opportunity Tab from App, it will be disappeared.
Abi DuthuAbi Duthu
Hi,

You can not remove the available items from "Create new " menu, It displays by default. If you dont want the entire "create new" option menu you can hide it.
Anoop yadavAnoop yadav
Hi,

Currently there is no such feature in salesforce.
However you can support this Idea.
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000aIZ7AAM
bobby7bobby7
Hi all ,
          I am done with this requirment. 

Here is the code which is working fine for me .  I added this into my Home page componet. Thank you all for the support.

<script>
  var createNew = document.getElementById("createNewMenu");
  if(createNew){
  var links = createNew.getElementsByTagName('a');
  for(var i=0; i<links.length; i++)
  {     
   var href = links[i].href;  
   if(href.indexOf('/006/') > -1)
    links[i].remove();
  }
}
</script>

Thank you,
Sreeram Dhannapaneni.
Rohit SharmaGRohit SharmaG
Go to - App | Click on Edit  of Sales App | Remove Opportunity | Now check Create New 

User-added image
sumit managersumit manager
Hi Bobby , Dev.Ashish

i  have similar requirement to remove "Account" menu-item/option from "create New.. "dropdown, i  did below but it does not work for me .. can u help me on this plz ?

Action taken..

1. created custom "Home page component". called "Hide Account"
2. selected  "Html Area" and  pasted below code in editor section.

<script>
  var createNew = document.getElementById("createNewButton");
  if(createNew){
  var links = createNew.getElementsByTagName('a');
  for(var i=0; i<links.length; i++)
  {     
   var href = links[i].href;  
   if(href.indexOf('/001/') > -1)
    links[i].remove();
  }
}
</script>

Note :- id is now showing as "createNewButton" (instead of "createNewMenu")  for create new drop down.

3.  made this component ("Hide Account") available on home pagein  left sidebar.

result - all the above code displays in the left sidebar -- on home page , but it does not remove/hide account option from create new .. dropdown .. i am not sure wether this coode is running or not on page load ?? do i need to add other code in the editor ??

please revert back ASAP. Thanks !