function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NewCoderBoyNewCoderBoy 

salesforce certifications Admin or Developer

a couple of months ago i got a position as a jr. salesforce developer.  Over the past three years I used sales force but only in the capacity of running reports, documenting customer information, basically operated as an end user.  I'm currently learning APEX and now that I'm learning salesforce I wanted to know if it would be easier to pursue the salesforce Adminstrator certification first or the developer certification?  my goal is to sit for the exam in November.  I want to study and learn on the job but not sure which way is the best. 

also,

my firm has the premier support and training.  would the videos from the premier plan be sufficient in passing the exams?

thank you!

Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
I would recommend that you go Salesforce Administrator (201), Developer (401), and then Advanced Developer (501).  This will help you get a well-rounded picture of both declarative and programmatic paths for solutions.

Good luck! =)
Michael VerhovskiMichael Verhovski
Only videos from the premier plan would be not sufficient.  You could check recommended training in study guides posted on certification.salesforce.com (http://certification.salesforce.com/home)