function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amar BanerjeeAmar Banerjee 

Site.changePassword() method returns null everytimes its been called from Vf Page on Sites

Hi All,

In out project we are trying to change password from site VF page. In our case we are calling Site.changePassword() method through @RemoteAction. since the site page do not have any apex tags.(it only contains HTML/AngularJS frame work)
Site.changePassword() method is always returning Null instead of returning page reference.

This whole activity is been done in Developer Sandbox environment & not in actual production.

Kindly help with this issue.

Thanks in advance..
Amar
Devayani Avadhani UppuDevayani Avadhani Uppu
Hello Amar,
Did you resolve this issue? I am looking for a solution since I am running into same problem. Any solution is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Devayani.
Amar BanerjeeAmar Banerjee
Execute below method as guest user and not by system admin or any user with salesforce licence.
Devayani Avadhani UppuDevayani Avadhani Uppu
hey Amar,
I quite did not understand what you say. Can you please elaborate? Because the use case is, as a customer community user, I want to login and click on the link to change password, so that I can change my password as a logged in user but not as a guest. If I am changing password as a guest that would be in the case of forgotPassword, I could not access my account hence requesting for forgotpassword, which generated email with link to ChangePassword method and page.
But in my case I would want to change my password on purpose, as a logged in user.
Is this not achieveable?

Thank you,
Devayani.