function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael SlawnikMichael Slawnik 

Anyone encountering error Timeout and Internal Server errors when trying to edit Pages or Apex in Setup?

This happens intermittently, and usually will resolve after a few tries, which is annoying and makes us wonder about the health of oour org. It happens in sandboxes and when editing VF pages in production. I've got a Case open with Support but since we're not on Premier we may not get much traction there.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Aakaash NairAakaash Nair
Hi Michael,

You could try checking in the Known issue site: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_index

Thanks,
Aakaash
Pramod_SFDCPramod_SFDC
Hi,

Can you post in Exact error message or any kind of ID.

Regards
Pramod
Nothing I can find on Known Issues, Aakaash.

Pramod, here are the error messages:

"Time limit exceeded
Your request exceeded the time limit for processing.
Click here to return to the previous page."

OR

"An internal server error has occurred. An error occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem.
If you believe you have additional information that be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support....
Error id: 228484417-311346 (-1922991123)"

Thanks folks,
Michael
Aakaash NairAakaash Nair
Hi Michael,

I would recommend logging case with salesforce and mention the Error id: 228484417-311346 (-1922991123)  on the case description.

As per Support for Basic they would check the logs and give us an error message and we can work from there.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Aakaash

Thanks, I did that first, and they said to post "developer" questions here... It's not really a "developer" question though, as it relates to basic Setup functionality, so hopefully I'll get some traction from them. 
Aakaash NairAakaash Nair
Well I guess its the Developer queries that are routed here if the issue happens when you click on the Apex pages from the setup menu you could have a case raised with Performance Skill Group and this could be looked into.

Worth a try I guess!

Thanks!