function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kyle DuqueKyle Duque 

Error in related list referencing a custom object

I am perplexed. I am recieving an error message on a related list when referencing formula fields on a custom object.  The error doesn't exist in the custom object so I know the formulas are working properly. For some reason the related list is having an issue. Here are a couple of screen shots. Any one have any ideas or ever into a similar situation? 

Image of custom object:

User-added image
And the errors on the related list on opportunity:

User-added image

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Pavan Kumar KajaPavan Kumar Kaja
Kyle,

Its typically a formula error. Post your formula.

for more information reg error go thorugh below link
http://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=fixing_formula_errors.htm&language=en_US (http://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=fixing_formula_errors.htm&language=en_US)

Kyle DuqueKyle Duque
Working backwards: Total Price with Adjustments: Total_Price_V2__c * (1-Price_Adjustment__c) Total Price V2__c: Total_Cost__c/Opportunity_Name__r.Customer_Type_Multiplier__c Total Cost: Net_Cost__c + Border_Cost__c + Rib_Cost__c + Grommet_Cost__c + Lead_Line_Cost__c Note the components of Total Costs are formulas too. However, if the formulas are working on the custom object, shouldn't they just display the resulting values on the related list? All of these formulas are working on the custom object. Thanks!
Anoop yadavAnoop yadav
Hi Kyle,

I think in your formula, you are dividing by zero.

Check thebelow formula field value-
Opportunity_Name__r.Customer_Type_Multiplier__c
Kyle DuqueKyle Duque
Thanks for the note, I have updated the case formula to never divide by zero but by one. However, the case formula is pointed towards a picklist that is required and "none" is not an option. In theory it should never have to divide by anything other that the desired result. Margin Multiplier Update CASE(Customer_Type__c, "Retail", 0.55, "Preferred Dealer", 0.68, "Dealer", 0.63, "Hachery", 0.68, "Aquaculture", 0.63, "Sportnetting", 0.45, "Western Dealer", 0.75, 1)