function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Josh RozierJosh Rozier 

Approval step ApprovalStep references UserQueue, which doesn't exist as a queue

When attempting to deploy an approval process from one org to another, I receive the following error:

Approval step Supervisor_Approval references Supervisor_Approval, which doesn't exist as a queue

However, Supervisor_Approval exists as a queue. I am able to view it in Setup -> Manage Users -> Queues and use it if I create a new approval step in a new approval process.

I get the same error using the MetaData API and Change Sets.  The approval process is the only item included in either the package or the change set.

Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
Seems like this is a known bug as per this post https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000kz55AAA
Josh RozierJosh Rozier
This link is not a link to a known issue.  It appears to be a link to an 'idea.'  None of the known issues linked to in the 'idea' actually reference either my problem or the problem described in the 'idea'.  I found this myself when googling the error message and it lead nowhere.
Angela SobrepenaAngela Sobrepena
I have just encountered this same issue when trying to deploy approval processes on Knowledge Articles from sandbox to production. The queue already existed in production, and I even tried including it in my change set as well, but got the error saying that my queue did not exist. I don't know if there is an issue because the queue was for Knowledge Article Version and the Approval process was for an actuall article type, but I can't find anything online that might explain why this would be a problem. 
Due to time constraints, I will likely just do a manual deploy of the approvals, but I'd love to hear if anyone figures this one out.
Lu Yang 24Lu Yang 24
I am experencing same issue, my approval rule step references to a queue, the error message is alwasys "Approval step <step name> lreferences <queue name>, which doesn't exist as a queue ", but it is not true.
I have to deploy  approval rule manually to production, the problem is we have 3 approval rules, each one has 29 steps... a lot of manual work. 
it changeset can fix this bug, it would be very helpful. 
Angela SobrepenaAngela Sobrepena
So rather than waste a lot of time manually deploying a bunch of approval processes, I found that it took less time to just change the approvers in the processes to NOT be a queue, push via change set, then change the approvers back to the queue once it was in production. Hopefully this will be fixed at some point.