function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Salesforce XpertSalesforce Xpert 

Back to Service Console tab by default.

Hello everyone,

I need quick help from you guys regarding Service Console application.

I have created a console app as well as a custom app. Both of these apps are assigned to one of my custom profile, called Customer Support profile where I have set console app as a default app.

What I am facing is that when any of the user logs into the system, then they see Service Console app as deault app, Home page layout as default layout, but "Back to Service Console" tab as the only single tab.

When I click on this tab, it redirects me to the actual Home tab of Console app.

I want actual Home tab as a default tab, as it should be.

If I select another application (another custom application assigned to this profile), and come back to this Console app, then it is showing me actual home tab. I am expecting the same behavior for all users when they logged into the system.

Both of the snapshots are attached. (Issue / requirement)

Please help!!

User-added image

User-added image
Jason Curtis NBSFDGJason Curtis NBSFDG
Hi, here is a great blog post that covers this, did you follow these steps:

http://blogs.salesforce.com/product/2013/05/the-service-cloud-console-wheres-my-home-tab.html

Best,

Jason
Salesforce XpertSalesforce Xpert
Jason,

I just did a try. But it doesn't work :-(
The problem is this tab is only visible when user logged into the org. when he clicked on Back to Service Console, change application from app menu to the custom app and then change app again i.e. from Custom app to Console app, it is showing me proper Home tab as required.

I have noticed that it is happening only at the time when user gets logged in
ilewi121ilewi121
Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm running across the same thing. Every time a user logs in, it sends them to the "Back to Console" tab rather than the console view itself.
Fatima 1Fatima 1
This is a salesforce behavior and can't be fixed.
Michael Yocca 4Michael Yocca 4
I have run into this issue as well. Does anyone have an idea for a work around? 
Rina Rose Bautista 9Rina Rose Bautista 9
Go to Profile's Console Layout Settings and set the Console page layout to "Default On". Note that this only works for new users created. Because this is one of the things that Salesforce remembers - user's last navigation page/app.