function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Erica DeanErica Dean 

Apex Sharing Rule Problem

We've attempted to setup a private sharing model for Projects (and subsequently Phases and Tasks because of the master detail relationship), and we're running into issues.

Our application has three Apex Sharing rules that should open up tasks, phases, and projects when users are 'assigned' to project tasks. This has worked in the past, but it no longer works as anticipated.

Background information on the application:

When users are 'assigned' to tasks, a work record (record type = time entry) is created. When logged in as an admin, you'll see in this report that the base user has been assigned to two separate projects.

When you login as the base user, first go to the Projects tab, and choose to view all projects. You'll see one project, but not the other.  Then, select the My Assignments page. You'll see the assignments for one project, but not the other.  Basically, what this means is that the records are being created.  The sharing is just no longer taking place.

This has not been an issue before the Summer '14 release, so I wonder if this could be related? Have there been changes to the sharing settings within the SF platform that could be impacting the apex sharing rules in our package?

Thanks for the help.
tsalb_tsalb_
I've not heard of this, but please check this site for known issues. If it looks new, i'd raise an issue with support.

https://success.salesforce.com/issues_index