function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Saikishore Reddy AengareddySaikishore Reddy Aengareddy 

Customize Standard Send Email Screen

Hello All-

Today when we send email's through salesforce using standard salesforce "Send Email" button on contact along with any attachments there is no way to capture the attachment that has been sent.
I have a requirement where client would like to have a additional check box on send email screen and when checked, the attachment should be saved as an attachment to the contact's attachment related list.

As per my understanding I have to code the complete send email screen using visualforce and I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas around my requirement and if possible any VF code or any link which is similar to standard send email screen for me to start.

Any help on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
@LaceySnr - Matt Lacey@LaceySnr - Matt Lacey
This is definitely going to require a custom Visualforce page like you say. You'll want to use the Contact standard controller so that you can create a new custom "Send Email" button to put on the layout instead of the existing one. Saving attachments is relateively easy and there's plenty of code around on the forums here to help you with that, not sure if you're going to find an existing VF implementation of that screen though. Good luck!