function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John SamuelsJohn Samuels 

Easy way to view all custom fields/validation rules/etc created in Salesforce?

Hey, I was wondering if there is a way to view all custom fields, fieldsets, validations rules, and so on I have created in my org.
BapuBapu
Are you talking about Custom Object or Standard Object ?
If Standard Object Goto Click on your name (Righside Top of the header)Setup->Customize> StandardObject (e.g  Lead/Account/Contact), if you expand the small arrowlike thing, you will be able to see all in separate categories. Like Fields, Look ups, Validations rules...etc., same goes for Custom Object except that you will be looking inthe "Create" section in stead of "Customize". I hope this helps.
Always ThinkinAlways Thinkin
I find it easier to use the metadata API to view these in either Mavens Mate or the Eclipse IDE because you can select each type of component you're interested in viewing and see just those components. By virtue of being text (XML) files, you can very easily search for specific items as well. If you're unfamiliar with Eclipse, I wrote a post a few years ago that still applies: http://teachmesalesforce.wordpress.com/2011/09/25/searching-metadata-with-the-ide/

Let me know if you're seeking some other objective in viewing the components you named.
John SamuelsJohn Samuels
Thanks for the answers.

Bapu: That definitely works and it was what I was doing. I was hoping there was a place that gathered all custom content.

Always Thinkin: Time for me to dive in the IDE a little more. Will make things easiers.

Cheers