function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Srinath R 9Srinath R 9 

Creating orders from Partner Community

I have a situation here. I have an internal user who creates the partner account. So by default the account owner is the internal user. I want the partner users to be able to access only the one partner account so I have set external sharing in OWD as Private for account.

Now my requirement is that the partner user should be able to create orders. I have enabled orders tab in the community and then given CRED access to orders in profile. Still I am unable to create the order and getting an error message "You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary"

This is because internally sales force maintains a master-detail relationship between Account and Orders and since account access is private , its failing.

How do i get past this situation?
Sunil02KumarSunil02Kumar
Hi Srinath,

All partner will be associated with one account. No issues with Relationship. As OWD is private, User will be able to create order only for account which they have access. The issue you are facing is with access permission.

All partner users will be having standard partner community  user or profile cloned from it. You need to add partner community profile to community.

Navigation:
Set up->Customize->Manage Communities-> click edit link  next to Partner Community. In pop up window you need to add the profile of partner users.

Following are access required for partner to create order:
  1. Partner user's profile must have CRUD access and tab visibility should be default on.
  2. Partner user's profile must be added to partner community.
  3. Order tab must be added to partner community.
  4. If any inline VF page is added to order page layout, then VF page should have access to Partner user's profile
Hope this will help you.
[If it solves your problem, please mark it as solution]

Thanks,
Sunil kumar