function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vinny PolisenoVinny Poliseno 

Update an Opportunity Field if an Opportunity Product is Selected

Hey All,

I'm trying to have an Opportunity Field (Has_Attentively__c) updated to True if any of my of my Opportunity Products contain "Social CRM". I can't seem to get this workflow to fire...any thoughts?

CONTAINS(Product2.Name, "social")

Thoughts?

Vinny
Best Answer chosen by Vinny Poliseno
Denis VakulishinDenis Vakulishin
Hi,
I think that you should create Worflow on Opportunti product(Opportunity Line Item). Condition will look like CONTAINS(LOWER(Product2.Name), "social")

All Answers

Hi,
I think that you should create Worflow on Opportunti product(Opportunity Line Item). Condition will look like CONTAINS(LOWER(Product2.Name), "social")
This was selected as the best answer
Denis,

Thanks for the speedy response but I'm still not having much luck with the actual workflow firing after updating my Rule Criteria is updated to CONTAINS(LOWER(Product2.Name), "social")

Vinny

Vinny,
Are you sure, that you created Workflow on "Opportunity product" not on "Opportunity"?

Denis
Just FYI.
When you creating worflow on child object in Master-Detail reletionship you still can create Field update for Master object. So you should create Workflow on Opportunity Product object but create Field update for Opportunity.

Actually looks like just editing the Opportunity didn't fire it I had to actually remove the product then re-add it then it worked. 

Many thanks Denis.

Vinny