function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alan AshbaughAlan Ashbaugh 

How to add Custom CSS to a PKB3 article when viewed from the agent console?

We are using the PKB3 plugin for Salesforce, and integrating it with our Customer Service console, so agents can answer cases through SFDC.

When searching for Knowledge base articles through the agent console, it opens a new tab with the article in it, as shown in this screenshot: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s167/sh/81238564-38e3-4260-b7f9-ca02f23500b8/953f9c3443d238800678fb412c1e75ea

How do I add custom CSS, and ideally Javascript, to these pages?

Thanks!
Alan
KevinPKevinP
I'm not terribly knowledgeable of the pkb3 plugin, but in general what you need to do is:
  1. Identify how that page's content is being loaded. Is pkb3 using an iframe to display the data?
  2. If it's displayed via an iframe, identify what page the Iframe is showing, and determine what generated it.
  3. If the page generator is visualforce, identify which page, and then modify the page to include your css and scripts.
I suspect strongly that an iframe is being used to display a knolwedge article and that the iframe'd page is a visualforce page. Identifying that visualforce page is the key to your problem. Unfortunately if pkb3 is a *managed package* you'll be unable to do squat with it.