function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rosie WeaverRosie Weaver 

Error using Data loader - ,"Id not specified in an update call"

I've seen past threads on this... And they all say, "You have to include the Account ID in an update file". I'm 99% certain I have the correct Account ID field in my CSV. I did an export from SF including the Account ID, and I'm reuploading using the same Account ID data.

Other fields available for export were "Contact ID" (but I'm updating an account, not a contact) and "Record ID" which takes the format "CON-12345".

The account ID which I'm attempting to use takes a format like this: 001A000000y8tAB

I'm mapping my file's Account ID to the Data Loader field named AccountNumber of type String. I don't see any other options that look likely.

There are only two columns in my upload, the Account ID and the field I want to update.

Any ideas? Thank you!
Best Answer chosen by Rosie Weaver
James LoghryJames Loghry
I should note that if you change the "Account Id" header in your csv file to "ID",  and use the "Auto-Match Fields To Columns" option when you map your fields, it should pick up the correct Id field in your mapping.

All Answers

James LoghryJames Loghry
You should see an "Id" column on the Account object when you map your fields, and that's what you'll need to use instead of AccountNumber.
James LoghryJames Loghry
I should note that if you change the "Account Id" header in your csv file to "ID",  and use the "Auto-Match Fields To Columns" option when you map your fields, it should pick up the correct Id field in your mapping.
This was selected as the best answer
Rosie WeaverRosie Weaver
James, thanks, for some reason it wouldn't show me the ID option but it picked it right up when I did the auto-match.