function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mohit KapoorMohit Kapoor 

Values getting messed up when updated using VF page

I have a VF page where I am calling list that has all the records present for a specific object. I have made this like a mass update where in a user can update more than one records at a time. The problem is that values are getting messed up as entries are being updated to different records then the one which is intended. 

I have no idea what would be causing this as never before has something like this happened. If I am calling a record and someone is updating in that, how can it overright in another record.
srlawr uksrlawr uk
I can only imagine there is something weird happening with a list, iterator or index in your code. Obviously Salesforce only does what it is told to, and there has never been a reported example of the "wrong" record being updated from a call...!

Would you care to post some code snippets of the page list definition and the controller methods that are updating the records and maybe someone here can have a look through and see if you have any mis-wiring? Make sure you use the "<>" button in the reply editor to post code in the correctly formatted boxes.