function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Coffee08Coffee08 

Wrapping Text

How do I wrap a certain text field so that it wraps really long file names?
For example, if the sentence field has value "A long line broken up into many words" , then it might wrap it and display the field as:

Sentence: A long line broken up
                   into many words

but if there is an attachment field with the file name "A_long_line_not_broken_up_into_words.pdf" , then it does not wrap it:

Attachment: A_long_line_not_broken_up_into_words.pdf

I want it to be like this:

Attachment: A_long_line_not_broken
                      _up_into_words.pdf

How do I get it to break that up and wrap it still?
logontokartiklogontokartik
What field are your trying to wrap? Is it Name field? maybe you can try newline \n but i cannot guaratee if it would work. Maybe more detail on the requirement is helpful
Coffee08Coffee08
I am trying to wrap an attachment field. So this is what it currently looks like:

Name:                                                                   Place:
Attahment:                                                            Something else:

All the fields will wrap successfully because they have words. But the attachment field will have the name of some file that the user attaches. Then, in a case where the attached file is long enough (ex. thechroniclesofNarniawitchandthewardrobe.jpg) the name of that attached file runs over the 'Something else' field on the second column. I want the file name to break up and some part of it go on the second line.
tsalb_tsalb_
This is a standard page layout yes?

If so you can try moving it to it's own section and letting it run across the horizontal space for the screen. I'm not sure you can inject a line break on standard page layouts.