function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nathan EdwardsNathan Edwards 

Editing Many Field Object Within Salesforce1 App Using Minimal Visual Force?

Hey,

Using as much standard Salesforce functionality as possible, I'm looking to have a custom object, consisting of ~200 fields, edited within the Salesforce1 app as easily as possible.

If you guys could offer any built-in functionality or creative tricks for making viewing/editing an object inside Salesforce1 as easy as possible using an absolute minmum amount of Visual Force please, please let me know.

Thank you!
logontokartiklogontokartik
Hi Nathan,

It would take the same effort level as you are editing the fields on Desktop version as on Mobile version. Are you not able to view all the fields on your Salesforce1 App? I am not sure exactly what you are looking for, can you please provide more details.  Because if you have the fields on the page layout, you should be able to view them on your mobile as well. 

Nathan EdwardsNathan Edwards
Thanks for your response,

I'd like to somehow divide or segment the fields of a custom object so that one doesn't have to scroll through the entire 'edit' window to change a field at the very end of the Page Layout. Ideally I'd like the user to click or swipe to access field sets of the same object inside Salesforce1.

Thanks
akhilesh_sfdcakhilesh_sfdc
You can try using the polymer mobile pack to easily create a custom VF page to edit only few fields on a record: http://bit.ly/mobilepacks
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
You can do this using standard Salesforce configuration, without any Visualforce, but it isn't quite as slick as allowing the user to swipe through pages, and if the user is making a number of changes they may need to edit the record multiple times.

You'll need to create multiple publisher actions of the type "Update Record".  This allows you to make a subset of fields available to edit for each action.  In my org I have one update record action of "Update Basics", which allows me to update the phone number, web site, number of employees etc.  I also have an update record action of "Update Address", which allows me to maintain the billing and shipping address information.  Thus when a user wants to edit a particular aspect of the account record, they choose the appropriate publisher action.  As I mentioned above, if they want to edit the basics and the address, they have to access two separate publisher actions, which while not idea, is a lot better than scrolling up and down through hundreds of fields.