function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shri RajShri Raj 

Partially Inactivating 'Inline Edit' on a VF Page

Hello, 

Is there any ways where i can Partially inactivate an Inline Edit. Here is the scenario. 

Bascially i have a custom Related List which is a VF Page which supports an Inline Edit . I Also have a 'Mass Edit' button on the related list which opens up a 'Mass Edit' PageBlockSection. Whenever the Mass Edit button is clicked then i would like to inactivate the InlineEdit. Orelse keep it active. 

Thanks,
Shri

Best Answer chosen by Shri Raj
AshlekhAshlekh
Hi,

You can inactive inline editing when user click on Mass Edit button. When user clcik on MAss edit button then rerender the section in which you have applied inlineediting and use disabled="true" attribute of <apex:inlineEditSupport> component

When click on MAss Edit button use below line to disable the inline editing 

<apex:inlineEditSuppor showOnEdit="saveButton, cancelButton" disabled="true"
                        hideOnEdit="editButton" event="ondblclick"
                        changedStyleClass="myBoldClass" resetFunction="resetInlineEdit"/>

Other wise use below line
<apex:inlineEditSuppor showOnEdit="saveButton, cancelButton" disabled="false"

you can bind disable attribute with a boolean property which will get true when you click on Mass Edit button and then rerender the parent  section of inline editing.

IF it helps you than please mark it as a solution and ENJOY APEX 

All Answers

AshlekhAshlekh
Hi,

You can inactive inline editing when user click on Mass Edit button. When user clcik on MAss edit button then rerender the section in which you have applied inlineediting and use disabled="true" attribute of <apex:inlineEditSupport> component

When click on MAss Edit button use below line to disable the inline editing 

<apex:inlineEditSuppor showOnEdit="saveButton, cancelButton" disabled="true"

Other wise use below line
<apex:inlineEditSuppor showOnEdit="saveButton, cancelButton" disabled="false"

you can bind disable attribute with a boolean property which will get true when you click on Mass Edit button and then rerender the parent  section of inline editing.

IF it helps you than please mark it as a solution and ENJOY APEX 
This was selected as the best answer
Shri RajShri Raj
Pefect! Thank you!