function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nathan EdwardsNathan Edwards 

Visual Flow Not Working When Creating a Record Requiring Master-Detail

An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow
An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information.

I have a visual flow consisting of one screen with three fields and two record creation elements. The three fields pass into the create record element to make a new record. This works. The record ID is saved into a variable.

This variable of the record ID is passed to the next record element as input for a Master-Detail relation. For some reason I receive the error above.

There are only two required fields for the second object. A Master-detail relation and a Name. I inserted a screen between the two elements to confirm that the variables are being created correctly. What could possibly be going on to prevent the second record from being created?
logontokartiklogontokartik
Hmm. I replicated the same and I am not getting any errors or issues and both the Parent and Child records are created. Can you confirm if there are no validation rules or triggers on child object?

Also can you setup a debug log and see why you are getting unhandled error?
Nathan EdwardsNathan Edwards
logontokartik,

I created a new flow and it worked perfectly fine. I must have assigned something incorrectly along the way.

Thank you!
logontokartiklogontokartik
Awesome. Thank you
Stacey HusseyStacey Hussey
I would love to see a screenshot of your flow with this. I'm trying to do something similar that has a master-detail relationship (Name and Master-Detail Relationshop), but I can't figure it out.