function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
osf_teamosf_team 

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException while connecting to Salesforce using Oracle BPEL

I was earlier able to connect to Salesforce Enterprise API using Oracle BPEL process. However, lately I replaced the Salesforce certificate and the same processes that were running earlier are failing with the following message:
Message send failed: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to request

Is there any specific setting I need to make for new Salesforce certificates.

Regards,
Shalindra
Pramod_SFDCPramod_SFDC
Hi,

This simply means that the web server or the URL you are connecting to does not have a valid certificate from an authorized CA. But however, being a programmer you would want to find out the alternative way to solve this issue.
What you need to do is to import the server certificate and install it in your JDK's keystore.

Just follow these steps and you will be able to get rid of that error.
1. First of all you copy the URL that you are connecting to and paste it in your browser. Let us say you are using IE. Just paste the url in the address bar and press enter.
2. You will now probably see a dialog box warning you about the certificate. Now click on the 'View Certificate' and install the certificate. Ignore any warning messages.
3. Now that the server certificate is installed in your computer, your browser will not warn you when you visit the same site again

Regards
Pramod