function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vivek Singh 9Vivek Singh 9 

Salesforce Developer vs Salesforce Administrator

How good are the job opportunities for Salesforce administrator. How good will be the career if choose the admin side and try to move towards consulting?

Any suggestions..
Best Answer chosen by Vivek Singh 9
nitesh gadkarinitesh gadkari
In my opinion bit less.But you can imagine if there are so many SFDC projects being implemented, there is equal need for admins too to manage and maintain them.Ya your friend can go for tech support also.If this solve your's query then give kudos. 

All Answers

Hi Vivek,

There are more possibilties of growth as a Salesforce Developer as you have wide variety of development in terms of apex,vfpage,webservices,integration,mobile development,API's,etc.So,more responsibilities.

But in Salesforce Admin,
it depends on the size of project too.depends what you enjoy.

This is my personal opinion.It has to be your final call.

please do query again if some doubt persists.

Regards
Nitesh

Hi Nitesh,

I am working as a salesforce developer. This question was for my friend who is looking to change skill and he is hesitant to do coding.

If he changes the skill to Salesforce Administraor, how are the job opportunities?

I have seen major jobs for Salesforce Developer.

Regards,
Vivek 
Then,Salesforce admin job is the best for those people .Ask him to do Salesforce dev 401,admin ,advanced admin and then salesforce consultant if possible and if he is not .This will give him growth and weightage to his resume/CV. In admin give focus to Salesforce security,permissions and should have excellent knowledge of salesforce platform in each aspect.I this is more than enough.

Regards
Nitesh 

how are the job opportunities for admins as compared to developers..
In my opinion bit less.But you can imagine if there are so many SFDC projects being implemented, there is equal need for admins too to manage and maintain them.Ya your friend can go for tech support also.If this solve your's query then give kudos. 
This was selected as the best answer
RAVI JAINRAVI JAIN
out of 10 jobs .. 8 are for sfdc developer, i would always recommend to go for developer compar to admin
Daisy ScottDaisy Scott
Here we are going to describe two majorly in-demand Salesforce expert roles, from which you can choose any as per your expertise and interest:
1. Salesforce Administrator
Salesforce offers two level certifications for administrators first is Certified Administrator and second is Certified, Advanced Administrator. The exam is conducted to check the Salesforce customization and configuration skill of the applicant and for this, he is expected to know about Managing user data and security, building dashboards, reports.
2. Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator
This is the next level Salesforce Administrator Level exam and the candidates are supposed to have advanced knowledge of Salesforce administration with the experience of dashboards and report designs along with an automated process.

Read More (http://www.janbask.com/blog/how-to-make-career-as-salesforce-developers-or-salesforce-administrator/