function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sunny NarulaSunny Narula 

How can we update Lead Owner while importing Leads from CSV

How can we update Lead Owner while importing Leads from CSV 

I have arourd 3000 leads records, that I need to import but I m user "A" but I need that the Owner's to these Leads that are going to be imported to be User "B"
(i.e. another user from the one importing )

I m using the "Import Lead" functionlaity provided by salesforce.
Please guide me is that possible to update the CSV before importing fro the Lead Owner.. or how this can be achieved

thanks
Sunny

logontokartiklogontokartik
You can define a Lead Assignment Rule, that says that if the Lead is Created By "You" or (any other criteri you wish) and assign to a particular User.  When you use standard Import, you can select this Assignment rule which will basically fire and all your leads are assigned to a different owner.

Hope this helps.
Sunny NarulaSunny Narula

Hello Kartik,

I did the same but that not changing the Lead Owner if the creteria is met, then too the Owner remains the same...

logontokartiklogontokartik
can you tell me what was the criteria you used? You can also try adding OwnerId field on the csv file and populate with new User Id and use data loader to upload leads.
Sunny NarulaSunny Narula

I created a New "Lead Source" (say "ImportFromCSV")... and made that active

and a creteria for Lead Assignment Rule as, when this is the "Lead Source" assign Lead to "User B"

but that is not working...

yes I tried the same for adding a  new colunm "OwnerId" to CSV for the User that I want to make as owner and provide the ID but getting the error (please see the attached snapshoterror image when trying to assign OwnerID from CSV)

James LoghryJames Loghry
You can do this if you don't have any assignment rules defined by setting the "OwnerId" field on the Lead, I believe.

You'll want to find the Id of User B in your scenario, and then create an OwnerId column in your CSV file.  When you Import From CSV, you'll map your OwnerId column to the OwnerId field of the Lead, and it should stick.  That is, unless an assignment rule interferes with it.
Sunny NarulaSunny Narula

Hi James,

This OwnerID filed is not available at the time of Importing from the Wizard....

I think, if make new colunm and say "OwnerName" assign "User B's Name" here and assign it to "Record Owner"... that may solve the purpose... becoz "Record Owner" is available to map, but "OwnerID" doesn't

Christopher MarzellaChristopher Marzella
I can't get the lead owner to not change!
Sunny NarulaSunny Narula
Hello Everyone,

its done ... it was very simple :)
just add a new colunm in the CSV and adding a nickname of the person you need to assign the lead and mapping that... will do the needful :)