function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ludiludi 

Lock field value based on Status

HI All,

I have a custom object. I have a lot of apex code behind but i have come across a issue and i am not sure how to work around it.

Issue: I have custom fields taking in data from the Oppurtunity,account, and contacts object. I do this through Apex code. My issue is I want a value to be set on a field from that objects curretn record, BUT when the status is approved or pending, I want that current value to stay the same even if it changes in the related object. So, I want different versions in my custom objects records... This will show the values when it was approved on past records.

Here is a snippet of a piece of code that will return a incorrect value once this condition doesnt meet.

IF ( acctReq.Status__c!='Approved' && acctReq.Status__c!='Pending' )
        {
            acctReq.CO_ID_Number__c = AR_Account.CO_ID_Number__c;
           acctReq.GPO_ID_Number__c = AR_Account.GPO_Id_Number__c;
            acctReq.Call_Volume__c = AR_Opportunity.Volume_Minutes_per_Month__c;

}
Side note: AR_Account is a object toward the accounts object and acctReq is coming from my custom object.
Gigi.OchoaGigi.Ochoa
Could you use a workflow rule field update instead.  Only update those fields when the Status changes, except for Approved/Pending? 
ludiludi
Hi Gigi,

Thanks for the response. This will not work due to custom code we have on the apex page. We are doing some custom versioning on the fields. So when a user changes the value to something else they can hover over the field and see a previous value. Due to this custom code, I cannot use the work flow interface.