function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chitra ThambirajanChitra Thambirajan 

How to change CASE details page default view

When ever I click on the case am getting Feed view as the default view and I do not want this.I need the details page as my default page view.

Is it possible to make the details view as the default view...?

Thanks
Chitra
Best Answer chosen by Chitra Thambirajan
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
The case feed is enabled via the Setup -> Customize -> Cases -> Support Settings -> Enable Case Feed Actions and Feed Items.   Once this is checked, users have the case feed view or regular record view based on the "Use Case Feed" setting in their profile or assigned permission set.  You'll need to uncheck that setting in your profile to stop using the case feed, although I have heard this won't affect existing cases with entries in the feed, so you might find you are stuck with that view for some of them.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
The case feed is enabled via the Setup -> Customize -> Cases -> Support Settings -> Enable Case Feed Actions and Feed Items.   Once this is checked, users have the case feed view or regular record view based on the "Use Case Feed" setting in their profile or assigned permission set.  You'll need to uncheck that setting in your profile to stop using the case feed, although I have heard this won't affect existing cases with entries in the feed, so you might find you are stuck with that view for some of them.
This was selected as the best answer
Wow...its really amazing..Thank you Bob...Actually I have checked all the options of Case except this Support Settings...Its cool.
Once I unchecked this option,the page view got changed and am getting Feed View and Details view in the same page with a link to Hide feed...
So it seems each and every user needs to hide it if they doesn't want to see the feed view..
Is it possible to completely hide this feed view from Case details page...

Thanks in advance
Chitra
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
You can completely hide the feed by turning off chatter feed tracking for cases - that will turn it off for everyone though.
Wow...You Rock Mr.Bob...Its working like a charm...

Thank you so much..
Chitra
Megan D MoodyMegan D Moody
Couple of questions: 
  1. Does this actually HIDE the case feed view? Or does it just set the detail view as the default. 
  2. For the life of me, I can't figure out where this setting is. I have case feed enabled in the Support Settings. But how do I navigate to the one in the profile? I'm using the enhanced profile user interface (though I can turn that off if need be). 
Thanks!