function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
@GM@GM 

When "Submit for Approval", sometimes Message appeared. We cant understand why Unable to Submit with just message? So, need to output which condition Invalided

When "Submit for Approval", sometimes Message appeared. We cant understand why Unable to Submit with just message? So, need to output which condition Invalided.
How to format this error to show it to end user.

For example when a record has been submitted for approval,
The approver has to provide a value to one field which will be required field for trigger.
If the approver approved the record without providing a value to that field then he will get a error message.
Instead of this i want to pop up a msg or display the error in a better way so that approver can understand.

Pla provide best approch to achieve this.

Thank you.

Regards,
GM
Phil WeinmeisterPhil Weinmeister
Hi @GM,

I can empathize with you...I have wondered why Salesforce has not made this message more meaningful or informational instead of being a generic catch-all message.

Via configuraiton, there is nothing you can do to improve this message. However, I have an idea for you. Create a Formula(Text) field. In that formula, create conditional logic that will communicate the "readiness" of the record for approval submission. You can make this as granular as you want (e.g., you can add conditions for each field/scenario to make the situation very clear). Alternatively, you can make it more general and provide informational help text so users can figure out what else they need to populate before submission.

I know that doesn't force them to do anything before submission, but they can at least figure out what's needed.

Thanks,
Phil