function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nathan EdwardsNathan Edwards 

Flexipages, Visual Force, and Editting Records While Offline

Hey folks,

I realize I'm asking for a lot here, but I'm hoping someone knows of any way to modify a set of records while mobile and offline.

Here's my situation: A few records are created ahead of time then accessed over a mobile device. A user must then be able to edit the records offline. These records won't be touched until the user updates the records. When the user has access to the internet again, the mobile device will update the records in SFDC.

I understand Salesforce1 does not currently have this sort of offline support yet. I'm using Flexipages and Visual Force code to handle navigation in Salesforce1. Ideally, I'd like the Visual Force code and Flexipages also available offline, however, purely being able to edit records offline is a higher priority.

Are there any 3rd party apps or tricks available on mobile that could handle the offline functionality I need?

Thanks guys I appreciate it,
Nathan
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
There's nothing you can do inside of Salesforce1 to achieve this, as you have no control over the container.  The only way to achieve what you are looking for at present is to write a custom mobile application I'm afraid. In theory you could use HTML5 offline access, but this wouldn't secure your data so is not suitable for most enterprise applications.
Nathan EdwardsNathan Edwards
Thanks for the quick response, Bob.

There aren't any existing apps that already achieve this? Does anyone have experience with using Pulsar?

I apologize in advance if discussing third party applications isn't allowed in the developer forums.
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
Discussing third party apps is absolutely fine.  There may well be other applications that do what you want - I haven't used any of them I'm afraid as I always write my own.